- 04:30 hrs
- 11.5 km
- A little
- Min. elevation
- 1630 m
- Max. elevation
- 2208 m
- Elevation gain
- 600 m
- Elevation loss
- 110 m
- Car park
- View on Gmaps
This beautiful itinerary, not too demanding and ideal for being tackled during the summer season, plunges into the green heart of the Vanoi Valley, allowing you to reach the lakes of Coltorondo and the peak of Cima Paradisi from the hut of Malga Fossèrnica di Dentro.
The starting point of the hike is by the hut of Malga Fossèrnica di Dentro, which can also be reached directly from the location of Refavaie by own means, during the season in which the hut also serves as a restaurant.
From Malga Fossèrnica di Dentro (1,777 m asl), the route starts by descending the pastures of the malga, on the gravel road that leads to the northernmost edge of the meadows. By the first hairpin bend of the road, at the crossroads of Strada Fossèrnica (1,660 m asl), the trail continues towards N, following another gravel road (“Strada Forestale Laresé” – Signpost No. 335A). The road of the Signpost No. 335A, clearly visible and signposted, keeps the orographic left of Val Fossèrnica, crossing the N side of Cima Paradisi for a long stretch at high altitude and heading towards the head of Val Fossèrnica. After about 3 km of ascent, the road crosses the stream named Rivo di Coltorondo, continuing in the larch forest at Pian del Todesc and reaching the beautiful clearing of Pian delle Belle Fior (1,947 m asl), at the crossroads with the path of the Signpost No. 335.
From here, the itinerary proceeds following the signs towards Forcella Valmaggiore, on the Signpost No. 335, along a short stretch that leads to the next crossroads of Alpe Fossèrnica (2,025 m asl), from which the route continues on the path of the Signpost No. 388 towards Forcella Paradisi. After a flat stretch on the Signpost No. 388, you reach the lakes of Coltorondo (2,044 m asl), small mountain lakes in a basin with a beautiful view of Cima Cece, the highest summit of the mountain range of Lagorai. From the lakes of Coltorondo, the trail continues along the Signpost No. 388 in an open stretch that leads to the gap of Forcella Paradisi, offering a beautiful view of the valley below and the mountains on the horizon. From Forcella Paradisi (2,078 m asl), the main path of the Signpost No. 388 would descend towards the SE, however the itinerary takes the track that climbs the ridge of Cima Paradisi, already visible in front of it, towards the SW towards Cima Paradisi. The ridge is full of Italian trenches and fortifications dating back to the Great War. Although being a minor one, Cima Paradisi represents a fairly classic hiking destination for locals, both during the summer and winter seasons. Once at the top of the summit of Cima Paradisi (2,208 m asl), the trail continues towards W, descending the meadows below the summit and then plunging into the forest, heading back to Malga Fossèrnica di Dentro after a final downhill stretch.
- From the hut of Malga Fossèrnica di Dentro (1,777 m asl), descend through the pastures on the gravel road that leads to the northernmost edge of the meadows, to the crossroads on the first hairpin bend of the road [0h 30],
- From the crossroads (1,660 m asl), continue on the gravel road of the Signpost No. 335A towards N until reaching the clearing of Pian delle Belle Fior (1,947 m asl), at the junction with the path of the Signpost No. 335 [1h 40].
- Climb on the Signpost No. 335 towards Forcella Valmaggiore until getting to the next crossroads (2,025 m asl), then continue on the path of the Signpost No. 388 towards Forcella Paradisi, passing by the lakes of Coltorondo (2.044 m asl) [2h 50],
- From the gap of Forcella Paradisi (2,078 m asl), take the track that goes up the crest of the peak of Cima Paradisi until you reach the summit [3h 20],
- From Cima Paradisi (2,208 m asl), continue on the track towards W, descending and hence heading back to Malga Fossèrnica di Dentro [4h 30]. ✓