• Tonadìco (760 m asl) is the oldest village in the valley, of which it was the political center and residence of the “captain” of the castle called “Castello della Pietra” – perched in the north of the village -. The etymological origin of the name of the settlement is unclear, although it may be related to the existence of another ancient village “Piubago,” destroyed during a violent earthquake and probably by catastrophic floods of the Rio Lazer in 1114 and 1117.
  • Tonadico was part of the possessions of the Bishop of Feltre until 1349, when it became part of the Empire of Austria. In 1401 Tonadico and the whole Primiero Valley were handed over as a fief to the Welsperg family (originally from Val PusteriaPustertal). With the end of the Great War, Tonadico broke away from the Austro-Hungarian Empire and joined the Kingdom of Italy. 
  • Under Fascism, in 1927, the Municipality of Tonadico was aggregated with the other municipalities of Fiera di Primiero, Sagron Mis, Siror and Transacqua to the Municipality of Primiero, with its headquarters in Fiera. At the end of World War II, the old municipal administrations were restored, and in 1946 Tonadico regained its political-administrative autonomy, which it would later lose on January 1, 2016, with the merger of the municipalities of High Primiero into the Municipality of Primiero San Martino di Castrozza.
  • Tonadico preserves some monuments of particular historical and artistic importance, such as the Church of San Vittore, which takes its name from the patron saints of the Municipality of Feltre (at the time of its construction the territory was part of the Diocese of Feltre), the so-called Lisièra and Palazzo Scopoli, built in the year 1000 AD, which had an initial function of warehouse for the local community and then became the residence of the vicar of the Bishop of Feltre.
  • The Church of San Vittore, built between the 5th and 6th centuries, is the oldest in the Community of Primiero. The small church has numerous frescoes of great artistic interest.
  • The inhabitants of the town of Tonadìco bear the nickname of “strighi” (tr. witches). The origin of the nickname can be led, with a slight forcing, to the legends around the castle and to the fact that the inhabitants were considered malicious, perhaps as a result of the middle age witch trials, held in Tonadico.