This hiking tour takes place at low and medium altitudes and it is ideal during the mid-seasons, due to its beautiful exposure to the morning sun. The itinerary can be carried by all those who have a minimum level of fitness and wish to explore the eastern side of Mount Bedolè, starting directly from the historic center of Fiera di Primiero (Pieve). Despite the exposure, during the winter season it is necessary to be careful in case of presence of ice.
The route begins from Pieve and climbs along the path of the Signpost No. 356 towards Tassoni / Cima Bedolé, which starts from the main square (Piazza Val d’Aosta), right in front of the historic 16th century building called “Casa Piazza”. Once left the village of Pieve behind, the path continues in the woods and, after reaching a meadow overlooking the village, soon leads to the paved road climbing from Pieve to Colaór. The hike proceeds by following the steep ramp on the paved road that leads to the crossroads by the location of Tassoni (906 m asl). From Tassoni, the route continues slightly uphill, always following the paved road towards NE; in a few hundred meters, on the left, the road named “Via dell’Impero” begins, which you take uphill towards the SW. The “Via dell’Impero”, entirely paved, continues its ascent on the slopes of Mount Bedolé, presenting incredible sights of the Dolomites of the Pala Group and the villages on the bottom of the valley, hence leading, after three hairpin bends, to the hut of Baita Zeni, where it is It is also possible to drink the water from the spring of “Acqua del Faoro”.
After Baita Zeni, the route continues always following the “Via dell’Impero” and reaches the junction with the white road of “Dismoni”, where you continue left towards the S on the gravel road of the Signpost No. 355. After crossing a wide plateau, you reach the only hut present, where it is important to proceed on the main road which, with two further bends, leads to a long stretch of 1.5 km slightly uphill that leads to the highest point of the itinerary (about 1,400 m asl), by the junction with the white road of “Bedolè” (coming from the right hand side).
From the crossroads, the route continues towards Camp on the white road “Pian del Sguelz” which – in about 1 km of slight descent – brings you directly to the huts of the sunny meadows of Camp (Mezzano). At the first cottages, the route leaves the main path to descend for about 80 m on the lawn and join the path that goes down to the nearby location of Colalti, with its pretty huts. From Colalti, the itinerary proceeds downhill following the path of the Signpost No. 379 towards Mezzano / Molarén, covering a short stretch along the white road “Larghe” to leave it right at the crossroads by the location of Le Larghe (1.1150 m asl). The Signpost No. 379 descends steeply in the wood, always well sheltered and never dangerous, reaching the paved road that leads to Molarén, which you follow until getting to the junction with the path of Via Nòva, by the location called Piani di Molarén (810 m asl). It is important in this section not to be deceived by the signs indicating “Pieve” (which would lead back to the location of Tassoni).
The route ends by going downhill along the pleasant Signpost No. 357 “Via Nòva”, which quickly leads directly to the historic center of Fiera di Primiero, concluding this pleasant loop.
- From Piazza Val d’Aosta in Pieve (720 m asl), go up along the Signpost No. 356 towards Tassoni / Cima Bedolé until reaching the location of Tassoni,
- From Tassoni (906 m asl), continue uphill following the asphalted road, then take the “Via dell’Impero” on the left,
- At the junction with the white road “Dismoni”, proceed left towards the S on the road of the Signpost No. 355, going up to the junction with the white road “Bedolè” (coming from the right),
- From the crossroads (~1,400 m asl) continue towards Camp for about 1 km on the white road “Pian del Sguelz”, until you reach the first huts of the meadows of Camp (Municipality of Mezzano),
- Cut the lawn downhill and join the path that descends to the nearby meadow of Colalti,
- From Colalti, proceed downhill following the path of the Signpost No. 379 towards Mezzano / Molarén, passing by the location of Le Larghe (1.1150 m asl),
- From the junction with the Signpost No. 357 “Via Nòva”, by the location of Piani di Molarén (810 m asl), take the path towards Pieve heading back to the starting point. ✓