This hike is an easy and well marked loop around San Giovanni. It offers a beautiful sightseeing of Vette Feltrine and San Giovanni itself. The path leading to the top of Cordogné (1,313m a.s.l.) has been recently renovated.
The proposed walk starts from Póit. From the road that connects Mezzano to San Giovanni (called Copèra), take the path leading to Cordognè. Along the path, you will be constantly facing the Vette Feltrine mountains range and Prati San Giovanni right below.
Once arrived in San Giovanni, you will be able to see the small church, historically and culturally relevant. Named after St. John the Baptist (i.e. San Giovanni), the church was built by the Scopoli family at the beginning of the XVI century. It was then donated two centuries later to the Municipality of Mezzano. Subsequently, the church was completely restored and today it offers a fresco in its main facade depicting the Madonna with Child, by the local artist Riccardo Schweizer, when he was just 11 years old.
- From Mezzano, right before reaching Póit and San Giovanni pastures, take the path on your right hand side that follows the ridge of Cordognè hill,
- Keep following the path, entirely in the forest,
- Once reached the top of Cordognè (1,313 m a.s.l.), keep walking along the path heading towards Falasorni,
- From Falasorni, follow the Signpost No. E728 towards San Giovanni,
- From San Giovanni pastures, head back to the starting point by simply following the asphalt road. ✓
- The loops offers plenty of variants, especially on its north-western part, where plenty of pastures can be crossed maintaining more or less the same altitude (e.g. Póit, Colnài, Inéri). As a matter of fact, San Giovanni is located about fifty meters below Caltèna.
CHURCH OF SAN GIOVANNI