Troi de le Caore

Via delle Miniere – Trói de le Càore – Al Prá – Ormanico

Details

Location Transacqua
Features Architectures, Fields, Forest
Track Condition Well marked
Vertigo Level 0/5
Ground (Forest) 50%
Ground (Grass) -
Ground (Rock) -
Ground (Urban) 50%
Lenght 3.6 km
Duration 1h 30
Elev Gain 190 m
Elev Loss 190 m
Max Elevation 922 m
Min Elevation 732 m
Car Park 46.172278, 11.833778

Start

Google-Maps-256

climbing-adventure-silhouette-256 running-256 mountain-bike-256 sport-shoe-256 pine-256 Dog snowflake-shape-256 

Description

This walk draws a simple and well-signposted loop around the village of Transacqua. Despite being a short walk, this route offers some interesting views over the bottom of the Primiero Valley, the Pala Group and the range of Vette Feltrine. During the winter season it is possible that some sections of this tour (especially the one along the path named “Trói de le Càore”) are frozen, because of their poor sun exposure sun.

The trail starts from the intersection between Via Sant’Antonio and Via delle Miniere (~740 m asl), in the southern part of the village of Transacqua. The first stretch, slightly uphill, runs along Via delle Miniere along the stream of Rio Carpenze. At the intersection with Via Bellavista, in the highest part of the village, the route turns right, towards SE, always going up the road of Via delle Miniere, with a short final ramp that plunges into the forest.

After the ascent of Via delle Miniere, by the shrine dedicated to Santa Barbara – patron saint of miners -, the route takes the path called “Trói de le Càore” (or “Sentiero delle Càore”), used in the past by the local farmers to bring the goats to graze on high altitude meadows, during the summer season. After a first flat stretch, once reached the historic building of Villa Càneva (~820 m asl), the path of Trói de le Càore proceeds slightly uphill at the edge of the forest until it reaches a crossroads with a paved road, near an ancient furnace, just above the location of Segnarèz. A last uphill stretch of about a hundred meters on the paved road of the Signpost No. 723 leads to the resume of the path of Trói de le Càore (~900 m asl), which you take to the left, towards N. The path continues pleasantly downhill in the forest until reaching the location of Pra’, a meadow overlooking the village of Ormanico.

From the location of Pra’ / Cava, the route descends along the paved road of Via della Cava, arriving directly in the pretty center of Ormanico, which the itinerary crosses while keeping in the direction of Via della Cava by following, in succession, the cyclepath first, then Via San Marco and at last Via Sant’Antonio, which takes you directly to the starting point.

 

Paths

 

  • From the intersection between Via Sant’Antonio and Via delle Miniere (~740 m asl), ascend along Via delle Miniere, pass the intersection with Via Bellavista and reach the shrine dedicated to Santa Barbara,
  • From the shrine, take the path of “Trói de le Càore”, following it entirety up to the location of Pra’,
  • From Pra’ / Cava, descend along the paved road of Via della Cava, getting into the village of Ormanico,
  • Cross Ormanico, by taking the cyclepath first, then Via San Marco and at last Via Sant’Antonio, arriving directly at the starting point. ✓

 

THE MINES OF CÀNEVA

 

  • At the edge of the village of Transacqua it is still possible to see the entrance of what were the last active mines in the Primiero Valley.
  • During the 15th and 16th centuries, the mineral resources of the valley – mainly iron and silver – were used by Austrian families mainly for commercial purposes. 
  • After it was sold to the Welsperg family in 1572, the mine of Caneva remained active under the jurisdiction of the Austrian government until 1866. One of the mine entrance was later used by a local bar (Bar Bellavista) until the middle of the last century to keep fresh goods. 
  • There are two entrances that can still be observed along the path called “Trói de le Càore”, here the main one, and here the secondary entrance (in the forest). 
  • In memory of the mining past of the slopes of Mount Padella, at the very beginning of the Trói de le Càore, there is a shrine dedicated to Santa Barbara, patron saint of miners.

 

References

 

Tissot, E. (1956). Primiero di ieri.. e di oggi. Primiero, Italy: Azienda autonoma di soggiorno e turismo.

outdooractive
Strava
GPX

  GALLERY